Sales Account Manager
This company has been at the forefront of manufacturing the finest selection of seasonings, fine food ingredients, culinary and functional blends for the past 40 years.
They are looking for an energetic, charismatic, self-motivated and independent sales account manager, who will manage existing accounts and drive sales growth throughout the West Midlands and South West
- Develop new and innovative ways of selling the company’s products
- Maintain loyalty from existing customers through regular visits and the introduction of forthcoming product development
- Call on potential customers to introduce the company, leave sample products and information with the aim to establish new accounts
- Maintain regular contact with the Sales Manager to strengthen lines of communication
- Attend trade exhibitions (approximately once per year)
- Liaise with the sales office regarding customer queries on documentation, stock, delivery and service
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading and ensure that all customers keep to these same terms
- Review own sales performance using the in-house IT system and participate in quarterly performance appraisals and reach agreed KPIs
- Travel to Bradford for sales meetings (head office – where sales office is based)
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities
- Ensure that all customer records are up-to-date and contain full information of all contacts
- Ensure a cycle-of-calling plan is in existence for the area and is being worked in a systematic manner
- Report clearly and speedily on day-to-day activities, changing business trends, customer complaints, satisfaction and competitors’ activities
- Report on and update monthly sales forecasts for customers and prospects
- Collection and banking of cheques and cash in accordance with company terms of business
- Liaise with NPD on new products and bespoke customer requests
- Act as a key holder for Warwick depot/office and be available to attend the site as required by head office
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the food manufacturing, food service or retail sector is desirable
- Strong commercial awareness with a professional approach to customer service
- Excellent account management skills with the aptitude to build strong, long term customer relationships
- Results driven with the ability to use proactive sales skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and negotiation skills
- Proactive thinker and problem solver and the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- PC literacy – use of MS Office packages and report writing skills
Full driving licence required. Position comes with bonus and company car.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.