As our Product Development Controller you will be part of the senior leadership team to drive the customer agenda and effectively deliver future business planning through continuous product innovation .
This role sits between managing our Atherstone and Bow sites who supply numerous products such as sandwiches , wraps and salads to many of the convenience retailers.
Our Food to Go division provides over 700 million sandwiches a year across 7 sites and our NPD Teams are a key part of making this operation successful.
With many recent successes such as the infamous “Sammies Awards” we have helped our customers win across multiple categories through our passion for food and drive across innovation.
The team are involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market - from initial concept and bringing them right through to life on shelf, in store.
- Manage the creative process within the product development category
- Develop and coach the team to maximise their creative potential as well as offering continuous support
- Lead and implement strategic projects with the Commercial and Marketing Teams
- Build a strong relationship not only with our customers but also with internal stakeholders.
- Identify and suggest food trends to influence concept direction working with our Category teams
- Strong understanding of the principles and tools of product development and strategic management.
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Previous knowledge and experience of influencing through effective relationships with multiple stakeholders and customers
- Budget management
- Project management experience and be at ease preparing and delivering presentations.
- Previous customer exposure with the convenience retailers managing ideally “Food to Go” or “chilled” product categories.
- An opportunity to lead and deliver projects and shape the future direction of one of our “Top Four” customers
- Be at the centre of our NPD team, giving you a broad view of how the business operates and working with almost every function across the company
- A role where you can challenge and improve our processes to help leave things better than you found them
- A role that’s varied and challenging; no day is the same
- The excitement of bringing concepts to life on shelf in store working with our top customers
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
For further information go to www.greencore.com or follow Greencore on social media.