Great chance to secure your first full time NPD role or to expand your product knowledge with a growing food manufacturer. You will work very closely with the NPD Manager to help develop and deliver products from brief to concept sign off.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential for the role to go permanent.
- Generate product concepts in line with NPD Briefs.
- Use the costing model to ensure product concepts are developed to a target raw material cost.
- Source new raw materials and specifications in conjunction with procurement and technical.
- Ensure that the specifications are checked by the technical team before the ingredient is used.
- Prepare / co-ordinate product samples and recipe / raw material / nutritional information for customer presentations.
- Carry out, document and action taste panels, comp shopping and product benchmarking of concepts versus competitor products if required.
- Ensure that customer codes of practice are adhered to.
- Create and maintain product files for all new products in accordance with procedure.
- Help maintain relationships with retailers through effective communication with stakeholders.
- Degree educated, or studying towards a Degree, in a Food related course.
- A years' experience within product development, or equivalent placement course.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Full UK driving license. Some travel required.
If this role is of interest please send me an up to date CV.