Are you an experienced Financial Controller with a background in FMCG or manufacturing?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites, we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Within our Finance department, we’re looking for well-qualified, high energy individuals with a genuine enthusiasm for manufacturing or FMCG environments.
You’d be based from our Kiveton location, which is home around 640 of our colleagues and produces Quiches & Savoury Tarts, Chilled Soups and Sauces for some of the UK’s most well-known retailers.
As our Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing robust financial accounting for 6 sites in the Prepared Meals business.
The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record in driving change and team development.
- Providing accurate and timely consolidated reporting of 6 manufacturing sites’ financial statements ensuring accounts are produced in line with relevant accounting standards.
- Driving accuracy in cash flow forecasting.
- Coordinating Group deliverables
- Acting as a link between Commercial, Operations and Financial accounts
- Paying suppliers to correct terms and driving improvements in Payment Practice Regulation statistics
- Ensuring customer invoices are issued in a timely manner and debt is closely managed
- Ensuring high service levels to the Prepared Meals business
- Ensuring robust, defendable and understood balance sheet
- Ensuring visibility of the indirect and overhead cost base of the Prepared Meals business
- Delivery and driving improvements in FSSC KPI’s
- Qualified accountant
- Breadth of financial experience
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- A ‘can do’ attitude demonstrated in a challenging environment.
- Ability to challenge and support stakeholders to ensure quality outputs
- Proven ability to identify, drive and manage opportunities to standardise processes to for efficiency and consistency.
- Strong system and spreadsheet capability.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and set clear goals and direction for the team
- Be able to think clearly under pressure, and prioritise a workload to deliver results to deadlines
- Manage multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to review and document processes and implement improvements.
- A methodical and logical approach to data management and communication
- Ability to coach and develop to create a high performing team