Are you ready to step up to QA Team Leader?
I am working with a major food company based in Leicester, looking to hire as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the principle duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain and manage the production process against the latest legislation, agreed quality and safety standards and compliance with internal procedures
- Co-ordinate and manage a dedicated QA team.
- Ongoing management and implementation of the site QMS system.
- Management of Pest Control service to site.
- Leading investigation and corrective actions for complaint and non-conformances
- Responsible for ensuring product safety and quality is maintained throughout the process chain
- Ensuring adequate monitoring systems are in place focussed on food safety, process control, good manufacturing practice and food handling
- Ensuring monitoring systems are communicated to relevant Managers
- Work closely with Technical department, Development and Production to ensure smooth introduction of new products and thereafter maintenance of agreed standards
- To champion HACCP ensuring legal, customer and third-party compliance
- Liaise with Customers and Suppliers regarding day-to-day queries and issues surrounding quality and technical management
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within a chilled food environment – essential
- A strong technical background with a sound understanding of Microbiology, HACCP and traceability
- A positive and resilient leadership style with the ability to build and motivate your team and promote and drive changes in a fast-moving business
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £23,000-£26,000 per annum
- Monday-Friday; 14:00-22:00 pm
- 28 days holidays (including banks)
If you are interested in this role, apply now or contact Sully for more information on 0131 226 5060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.