Alexander Steele are currently recruiting for a HR Assistant for a Food Manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire. Paying up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience and working office hours for a usual Monday – Friday role this is a great opportunity to join a growing business.
The HR Assistant responsibilities will include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of all departments. You will support the site through a variety of tasks including staff recruitment & retention, collating weekly KPI reports, completing payroll spreadsheets, filing / collecting personal data, general office duties, minute taking and answering telephone calls.
Aspects of the role include
- Assisting in ER cases (approx. 1-3 per week),
- Dealing with absence sickness/long term sickness etc
- Supporting/carrying out investigations
- Producing KPI reports/ attending ops meetings to discuss these,
- Minute taking in various meetings including; employee forums, ER meetings, consultation meetings, ethical audit meetings etc
- First class communication skills (engaging building relationships with all levels of stakeholders from the factory floor level up to SLT’s)
- Employee Relations
- Liaise /advise and ensure that policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- Manage all processes in a timely manner and within policy guidelines.
- Ensure accuracy of documentation provided to colleagues and is maintained on files.
- Ensure that the suspension protocol is followed on every occasion and actively engage with the HR Director/HRM to ensure suspensions are appropriately managed.
- Support leaders in setting up performance improvement plans where appropriate.
- Ensure that in all matters appropriate records are kept and maintained in line with Company policy.
- Full 360 recruitment – supporting the HRM where needed
- Responsibility for identifying unique and innovative ways of attracting candidates and engaging local teams to be involved in the process.
- Responsibility for setting up all interviews, liaising with managers and candidates and to provide interview questions as required.
- To ensure that every candidate provides a copy of their passport, right to work and proof of address at interview stage and copies are made and authenticated with signature.
- Own the unique selling point for the site and support managers to be able to sell the during interviews.
- Ensuring literacy and numeracy tests are carried out (via agencies or direct recruitment for shop floor staff)
- To support as directed on implementing all group projects into the site.
- Seeks to continually improve processes
- Assisting in payroll if/when required
- Carry out exit interviews
- May be required to come in and meet the night shift on occasions (once a month)
- Training on policies and procedures to managers
Knowledge / Education / Skills
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Organisation skills
- Strong communication Influencing and relationship building experience
- Good understanding of employment legislation.
If this is something you feel you are interested in, please do not hesitate to apply.