Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. We supply grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets.
Our Leeds site specialises in producing tasty Yorkshire Puddings and Toad in the Hole as part our prepared meals range.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Hygiene Manager to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual wanting to take their career to the next level with a leading food manufacturer.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
- Responsible for implementation of strategy, quality, efficiency and hygiene innovation to ensure the manufacturing unit has a hygiene service which supports the delivery of business objectives
- Provide leadership and direction to the hygiene community to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Establish a strong 360⁰ hygiene vision incorporating the key elements of SHE, environmental and waste management, demonstrated through strong customer relations and effective management of 3rd party relationships and internal cross functional working
- Hygiene lead for coordination and successful delivery of all Manufacturing Unit visits and audits achieving recognition of excellent working practises which deliver growth and trust between all
- Monitor, audit and review the performance of the manufacturing unit hygiene teams to identify areas of improvement and innovation to ensure hygiene activities are delivered to plan, budget, and standards beyond compliance
- Delivery of projects to designated time scales and meeting all cross functional food safety and financial targets
- Responsible for the preparation and management of Manufacturing Unit hygiene budget, related Capex and negotiation/maintenance of 3rd party contracts that supply and safeguard the integrity of Manufacturing Unit standards
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
• Degree calibre
• L4 Food Hygiene & L4 HACCP
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Allergen Awareness
• Microbiological Hygiene
• Financial understanding,
• Pest Control
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of the principles of chilled food manufacturing in High Risk/Low Risk/Low Care
• Proven track record in FMCG & Hygiene Management
• Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
• Experience of integrated Hygiene and environmental management systems
• Experience of equipment manufacture and capital expenditure requirements
About the company