Interim QA Manager - Nights
A leading FMCG business seeking to recruit an Interim Night Shift QA Manager to join there expanding team.
To ensure product safety, quality and legality, by way of applying customer standards, and thereafter continually challenging and improving upon accepted practices, to the benefit of our customers and the Company.
- Management and development of QA team by way of determining the resource needs, establish and address identified training needs, coaching and mentoring of team. Ensuring QA cover.
- Assist implementation and monitoring a fully integrated Quality Management System, designed to assure product quality, safety and legality – in-line with customer requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of successful technical audits; namely customer hygiene audits, product and process control audits, and BRC evaluation.
- Develop robust Quality Control and validation systems in-line with NPD; involving, for example on-going taste panels, on-line Quality Attribute Sheets, and other innovative tools to best communicate quality standards to staff.
- Provide technical knowledge and support (e.g. microbiological, equipment design etc.) to the business as required.
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP.
- Challenge and contribute to establishing training standards, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training, commensurate with the role they undertake and ensuring PDP where appropriate.
- Communicate technical issues and ‘updates’ (via notice boards, briefings etc.) to staff and other business team members.
- To be responsible for conducting investigations when required.
- To ensure all samples needed for daily tests by analytical provider are present and collected
- To ensure factory audits conducted by QA team are carried out correctly and on time ensuring corrective actions are closed out.
- Organise and run shelf life and organoleptic
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with and ensuring route cause analysis carried out
- Ensure effective handover document for QA Manager
- Ensure traceability in place
- 40 hours per week, Sunday to Thursday and the working hours from 10pm to 6am.
- Previous QA Management experience in the food environment
- Intermediate Food Hygiene qualification
- Min 3 years’ experience in food manufacture in a QA / Technical role.
- Experience of team management
- HACCP trained.
- Internal Auditor Training.
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Root Cause analysis principles experience
- Awareness of Food labelling standards