Our client is a leading national manufacturer within the FMCG sector, they supply directly into leading recognised manufacturers around the globe. The management team is now looking for an experienced HSE Advisor to support a positive Health & Safety culture within the workplace.
- Support the National Quality and Health & Safety Manager to support Health & Safety functions across multi sites.
- Implement all Health & Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
- Proactively engage and educate all employees on the importance and relevance of Hygiene, Quality and Safety, delivering safety awareness programmes as required.
- Support the implementation of the Environmental policy and associated procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of an effective Risk Management system to ensure a safe working environment.
- Pro-actively identify areas of concern to Health & Safety, escalating where necessary and following up to ensure corrective actions implemented.
- Manage the sites accident reporting system, carrying out thorough investigation and corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain audit standards and ensure corrective processes are in place to address non-conformances.
- Professionally represent the company with external and regulatory bodies as required, securing the relevant operation permits to ensure legal compliance.
- Support the induction process of new employees by delivering training from a health and safety perspective.
HSE Advisore required skills & experience:
- Full UK driving licence and car to travel among sites
- HSE Advisor experience within a busy manufacturing environment
- Degree in Safety and/or Environmental science or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental specialist
- Experience of leading HSE projects delivering positive outputs for the business
- Experience of delivery HSE based internal training
- Strong experience in manging the auditing process and a track record of enabling full compliance in both internal and external audits
- NEBOSH certificate
- IOSH Environmental Management certificate would be advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to challenge business leadership
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and management of HSE databases
- Proven background developing/training staff within the department
- A confident communicator who has interpersonal and influential skills to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders, customers and external providers
To apply for the role of HSE Advisor, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.