Engineer – Days (4 on 4 off)
Ever since being launched onto the shelves of a local supermarket, our little-known secret has become a global taste phenomenon on the tongues of millions. We have invested in a state-of-the-art production site with a massive new product development programme to double our turnover
Reporting to the Shift Manager you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving breakdowns both electrical and mechanical. Delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory, in both a low care and high care environment;
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery;
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently, either alone and/or as part of a team;
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output;
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance;
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work;
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that that there is low Engineering down-time;
- Minimum of 3 years’ electrical/mechanical engineering experience;
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject;
- We will consider Engineers from a variety of backgrounds, eg automotive and general manufacturing.
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline;
- Possess 16th 17th or 18th Edition Certification;
- Exposure to metal detectors, mixers, multi-pond weighers and pack wrappers would be an advantage;
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns;
- Health and Safety/Basic Food Hygiene trained ideal
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/138fmj
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.