- Input recipes onto the recipe management system
- Brief new, revised and repeat material requirements to the NPD buyers and packaging innovation team to ensure the correct resources are available for product development and factory trials
- Accurately prepare all necessary documentation to progress from concept to process handovers.
- Undertake recipe/ingredient validation tests in line with the New Product Development Procedures.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and attend trials for new raw materials to ensure that they are of a repeatable and sustainable quality.
Are you a recent Graduate who has completed a degree around food and nutrition?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced food manufacturer.
Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites within the UK we supply all of the food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
From our site in Worksop which sits within our Food to Go division our NPD Team are seeking a New Product Development Technologist to join them !
A little about our NPD team:
Providing over 700 million sandwiches a year across 7 sites , our NPD Teams are a key part of making this operation successful.
The NPD team help our customers be market leaders across multiple categories through our passion for food and drive across innovation.
The team are involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market - from initial concept and bringing them right through to life on shelf, in store.
- A Food Science graduate or a graduate with a similar related degree who has 1+ years experience within food manufacturing
- Good food knowledge and passion for food
- Someone with a keen eye for detail , along with the ability to communicate effectively across our business
- An opportunity to start and develop your career within the Food Industry
- Be at the centre of our NPD team, giving you a broad view of how the business operates and working cross functionally within the business.
- A role where you can challenge and improve our processes to help leave things better than you found them
- A role that’s varied and challenging; no day is the same
About the company
We value our people and we expect our people to work the Greencore Way (check out our LinkedIn page or https://www.greencore.com/about-us/the-greencore-way for more information on this)
If you think you have what it takes to make a career out of your passion for food, apply now!