Technical Manager Site based – Hunslet, Leeds
Kent Foods Ltd is a successful and major supplier of ingredients to the food manufacturing industry as well as a Food producer.
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor who will take on the responsibility for maintaining our Quality Management System for our Manufacturing facility based in Hunslet, Leeds. You will manage all Technical, QA and QC Functions onsite and have a significant role within the NPD process. You will be working closely with site management, production staff and customers.
This will include:
- Maintaining the onsite QMS alongside BRC standards
- Assist with the development and up keep of the sites HACCP processes, site standards, monitoring, reviewing and validating implementation.
- Handling product samples, checking results, shelf-life testing, investigating any out of spec results
- Assist in training all site staff
- Participate in onsite Management meetings
- Promote positive food safety culture
- Carrying out glass, GMP, internal and fabrication audits
- Checking and creating COAs
- Maintain Non-Conformance records, responding and implementing corrective actions
- Carry out environmental swabs and water testing
- Ensuring equipment is calibrated per schedule
- Assist in NPD process including ensuring that all technical information is up to date including ensuring new suppliers/raw materials are approved and creating finished product specifications
- Maintaining production records and log
- Take an active role in all onsite audits (Customer, BRC)
- Manage raw material and finished product specifications ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Updating batch control sheet with new recipes
- Keep up to date with current food safety legislation
- Working with Pest control / sign off
- The applicant should have experience in food industry and have working knowledge of HACCP and food safety standards such as BRC.
- Knowledge of and participation in a BRC Food audit is essential
- Minimum Level 3 HACCP is required
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc…
- An ability to type at a fast pace with high levels of accuracy
- Time management and an ability to plan and organise own workload
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientated
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and use initiative
The position offers a competitive salary.
In the first instance please submit you C.V to NaomiM@kentfoods.co.uk.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly