Operations Support Manager
Our client are industry leaders in the food and drink sector, providing a logistics service Nationwide and across Europe. They are looking to add Operations Support Manager to their ever growing team as the business continues to develop.
The main responsibilities is to lead a team of Shift Managers developing and coaching them to deliver all key business objectives that have been set. The successful candidate will have excellent operational knowledge and will need to be a people orientated individual who will be a role model in management behaviours and help create a culture of continuous improvement within the site.
The ideal candidate will be need to have experience in the key areas below:
- You will need the ability to create a culture where Health and Safety is at the forefront of the team
- Achieve and exceed all financial targets and key performance indicators in line with company objectives
- Guiding Shift Managers to achieve and exceed their own team targets and objectives is imperative
- Manage the daily transport and warehouse plan through your direct reports
- Legal compliance needs to be met at all times on site
- Deputise for the Operations Manager when required (holiday and sickness)
- Communication to customers both internal and external need to be managed effectively
- Support the company and lead changes as and when the business requires
- Ensure a culture where continuous improvement becomes part of the daily activity
- A flexible attitude and approach to the role and duties is required
- Accurate and a methodical work approach is required due to high standards needing to be achieved across the board
- The service to all customers in central in the operation of the business, you will need to embrace this company culture
- Solid team work ethos is required
- A professional and customer focused approach at all times is to be promoted in all you do
- Being a supportive and inspirational manager, being able to demonstrate experience in management in a similar role is pivotal
- Experience of working within a time critical transport operation is needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Transport Management Systems
Monday to Friday (with flexibility needed for occasional weekend and evening work)
Ref Code: FMW38641
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.