An opportunity to join a market leading fresh produce marketing business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Coordinate sale of berries to Wholesalers and Food Service to optimise grower returns.
- Provide marketing advice to growers.
- Manage and develop the Wholesale Customer Panel and Food Service Clients
- Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
- Collate fruit availability from growers.
- Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
- Verify that customers’ prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
- Guide commission customers on expected future returns and set fixed price sales.
- Publish sales returns to growers daily.
- Out of hours service.
- Exploring new business opportunities with the customers detailed above.
KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grower meetings.
- Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
- Market customer visits as required
- Development of new customers.
- Participate in execution of sales function departmental strategy.
- Support and develop new ways of working
We are looking for a candidate with evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry.
Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
Very good organisational skills
Good IT skills
This is an office based position.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.