We are looking to appoint an Ingredient Specialist to deliver the technical competitive edge and supply chain integrity through excellence in the management and coordination of the Greencore supply base.
This role will focus on our Protein sourcing.
- Map and assess the supply chain, identifying areas for consolidation and enhancement, whilst working with purchasing to maximise visibility, integrity and quality
- Collaborate with the Group purchasing team to optimise cost and the efficient supply of raw materials whilst retaining technical functionality
- Monitor Group Departmental KPI’s adjusting activities to ensure targets are achieved through site & supplier support
- Document and update all relevant category supply chains to enable rapid responses to issues with legislative and customer policies, providing a single point of contact for the Group
- Create and communicate protocols aligned with technical innovation strategy with site purchasing teams and suppliers to establish best practice for testing and validation
- Undertake regular supplier reviews to support the audit team, identify opportunities to improve performance in the quality of the raw material
- Customer liaison in response to key supply chains and working group and codes of practice
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
- Degree level education with substantial food manufacturing experience
- Knowledge within the Chilled Food Industry including meat or fish processing essential.
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4
- Level 3 HACCP certified
- Lead Assessor qualified
- Retailer liaison knowledge and experience
- Food Legislation and legal knowledge
- Direct knowledge/ experience of integrated supply chains
- Knowledge of retailer policies
- Knowledge of relevant accreditation schemes
- Ability to analyse data and trends and develop meaningful solutions/ action plans