Our client have been at forefront of food and drink on-the-go, establishing themselves as the market leader in their industry. They are always changing and adapting, as innovators who want to make all their customers experience number one.
Initially a small family owned business, they now supply in excess of 15 million customers every year. This has been built on their core values, with future growth plans already set to achieve their next targets.
They are looking for a Senior Buyer who specialises in supplier relationship building helping to maximise margin on all product categories. By meeting the group strategy to obtain the lowest overall cost the right candidate will need to source product at source. Minimising waste is key, along with selling prices to maximise through positive communication. The right person needs to have worked in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to carry out tactical trading.
The ideal candidate will be need to have experience in the key areas below:
- You will need experience in negotiating the best prices and terms undertaking the procurement of a wide range of products to achieve the maximum margin
- Manage the bidding process by sending RFQs to suppliers and negotiate pricing and terms
- Maximise profit by researching new products to meet event requirements
- Collaborative working with other departments, including the Sales division to monitor and action requests from existing and new clients
- Create and review daily the SKUs list, managing the levels for all products in the portfolio (include limiting the stock holding and minimise stock reductions)
- Ensure availability of stock at all times and maximise cash flow
- Manage the contingency of supply if issues arise with Supply Chain
- Further development of the product category and strategies to build a core range of products to increase sales and profit growth
- Achieve and report on the performance, agreed targets, KPI’s and budgets regularly with Senior team members including annual sales profit and supplier income
- Enhance, negotiate and manage all existing supplier agreements and contracts
- Manage accurate records of all agreements, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Identify opportunities and challenges within the industry that may affect the business
- A passion and knowledge of Food and Drink is key, along with a strong understanding of FMCG
- Experience in a fast-paced environment working with suppliers and contracts
- Previous management experience will be required
- Solid negotiating skills with outstanding communication with clients and colleagues alike
- A proven track record of influencing product costs and income generation
- Working to time restraints and to a budget are imperative
- Confident in your ability to make decisions and think quickly in obtaining the best results
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels and network
- Excellent level of numeracy, with an understanding of financial analysis
- Motivational and can do attitude with the ability to challenge the status quo
- A creative strategist who has a keen eye for detail
- Results-driven with ability to work under pressure
Monday to Friday
Ref Code: FMW38643
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.