Quality Assurance Manager
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Reporting to Quality Director Flavour Solutions you will be responsible for managing the Quality Assurance and Site Food Safety activity at the Haddenham Plant. Additionally, you will pro-actively leading the Quality & Food Safety Management Programmes in the Haddenham Plant thus ensuring compliance with company, regulatory, third party and customer standards, whilst achieving quality objectives and KPI targets.
- Manage the Performance and Development of the Site Quality Team at Haddenham.
- Accountable for all Quality and Food Safety programs within the plant.
- Implementation of the EMEA, regulatory, third party and customer standards in the plant.
- Play an active role as a member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Provide leadership on Quality and Food Safety issues in addition to supporting Operational activities undertaken within the plant.
- Manage the plant Quality Budget, implementing appropriate Financial Controls to ensure that spend is appropriately managed and cost saving initiatives identified and initiated where appropriate.
- Play an active and influential role in the Quality community for McCormick EMEA.
- Food based Degree
- Proven similar leadership role in a food manufacturing environment working within Quality Management Systems
- Proven experience in team management is required.
- Practical experience in the application of HACCP, quality systems management, internal auditing, pest control, RCA & CAPA management.
- Practical knowledge and experience of third party, Flavour Solution Customer audit standards and requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Experience in initiating projects that improve Quality and, where appropriate, reduce cost.
- Good communication skills with all levels of management, including verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on delivery the goals on time
- Competences and experience in Change Management
- Demonstrate root cause analysis and problem-solving capability.
- Very good general communication and persuasiveness skills, team working
- Ability to provide supervision, conduct competency assessments and deliver training.
- Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Ability to interpret analytical and microbiological data.
- Ability to work strategically and with a pragmatic, operational mindset.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including McCormick Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 71234).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.