My client is a specialist in the import of high quality health foods and upscale branded products from America, Asia and Europe. They supply to major multiples, convenience stores and gourmet retail outlets and department stores throughout the U.K.
They are currently looking to bring a Technical Assistant on board.
The overall purpose of the role will involve working with and supporting the Senior Technical Adviser in ensuring Food Safety and Health and Safety compliance within the business. And to make sure that company complies with the relevant regulations relating to the production, storage and distribution of our products. The role would also deputise in the Senior Technical Adviser’s absence.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Under direction of Senior Technical Adviser provides support and guidance to ensure Food Safety and Product labelling compliance in accordance with regulations, customer and business requirements.
- Deal with all customer complaints liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Make warehouse internal inspections as well as factory inspections when required in the UK.
- To assist with Technical training of relevant staff ensuring full understanding of all Food Safety, quality and legal requirements.
- To assist with implementation and maintenance of the BRC accreditation.
- To assist with the management and auditing of the HACCP process.
- To carry out internal and external Supplier audits
Applicants should have a background in Food Science and experience of a Technical position in the food industry (ideally 2 years +).
You must have knowledge of labelling and specifications and have worked to BRC Standards.
Excellent opportunity to join a small, friendly business, where your role will constantly evolve, and you will have the chance to work in every aspect of a food company.
Indicative Salary Range: £23000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.