Sargents Bakeries has had great success over the last year and with more growth and opportunity on the horizon, this is a fantastic time to join this up and coming business which produces innovative, exciting and delicious products which are stocked in retailers throughout the UK and abroad
Working as a key part of a small, friendly and talented NPD team, as Product Development Technologist, you will work closely with the NPD Manager to help deliver new lines for the company as well as working to improve and maintain the existing products. You will support the NPD function including idea generation, managing timelines, sourcing new ingredients, process improvements and supervising factory trials. You will also manage product related admin and contribute towards continuous improvement across the product team.
We are seeking an innovative, talented and self-motivated individual with a food science based degree. You must be keen to work in a fast-paced and growing company where you can really showcase your skills. Exceptional organisational skills are required together with a strong focus on project management and delivery.
The Product Development Technologist job is paying circa £23,000 according to individual skills and previous experience and will be based at the company’s South Yorkshire based facility but will require a degree of travel to customers and on innovation trips. The role includes 25 days holiday and a company pension.
- Present facts and ideas clearly and accurately to internal and external customers in a supporting role
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers
- Overall awareness of comparative products from all major retailers
- Plan, organise and control resources i.e. own time, ingredients, packaging etc. to deliver concept samples to an agreed quality and timescale
- Monitors product quality of new and existing products and setting up benchmarking panels
- Accurate sample make up and assessment
- Innovate new products to maintain and grow the category for our customers in a supporting role
- Detailed administration work for the NPD function, including formulation sheets, organoleptic sheets, sample requests, presentation packs and product costings
- Review, analyse and report on specific projects in a scientific manner