Packaging Technologist - Projects
This international business leads the market with brands that resonate with consumers across the world for the quality of their products as well as bringing them new flavour and taste sensations. They are looking to strengthen their NPD team with the addition of a Packaging Technologist who can work on projects across a number of global markets.
This is a multifaceted role where you will be accountable for delivering all the design and print initiatives for a number of brands - for new products as well as brand redesign projects; creating pieces of packaging that consumers will love.
You’ll be the primary packaging contact for allocated markets, taking the artwork from initial design ideas through repro to full packaging delivery. You’ll work closely with other packaging team members across the business as a holistic packaging team.
Working cross-functionally, you will:
- Collaborate with Process and NPD teams throughout product briefs, ensuring the flawless delivery of products from every aspect
- Liaise with both internal and international markets, influencing at a distance to drive projects forward
- Help raise the bar for packaging innovation and quality whilst balancing commercial requirements
- Continually look to drive core packaging and print inspiration to further competitive advantage and future brand growth
- Be the Packaging lead for a team dedicated to bringing new inspiration and adding value to the brands
- Support the induction of new design agencies into the business
Suit a creative, ambitious and commercially astute Packaging Technologist who is looking to build on their expertise of packaging and design with a global brand. A sound understanding of the packaging industry, print techniques and artwork design process is essential.
As well as amazing project management skills you need to love solving problems, have a meticulous eye for detail as well as design. The ability to build strong collaborative relationships is key as you will need to influence key stakeholders whilst advocating company values and a positive working ethos. You’ll need to be adept at managing different cultural styles and be able to communicate and at all levels.
A diploma / degree in Packaging would be advantageous but not essential. Previous experience within food / drinks / FMCG is crucial, where you have worked as part of the NPD / R&D function to deliver packaging solutions and managed artwork design.
So if you’re looking for a new challenge and keen to be part of this internationally recognised brand then we’d like to hear from you. Apply now or call for more information.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.