Group Meat Process Technologist
Our client are a successful and award winning global business in the food manufacturing sector who are looking for an experienced Meat Technologist to join their team based commutable from areas of Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
ROLE – GROUP MEAT PROCESS TECHNOLOGIST
The Meat Technologist is responsible for implementing changes to the business quality processes within their meat division. This will be done by delivering efficient developments and working very closely with site Technical and Quality teams.
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of meat product trials on site. Responsible for the planning of these trials ensuring that all reports and findings are accurate and acted upon accordingly
- Responsible for relevant equipment inspections within the meat cutting or analysis sector of the business
- Provide support to the business for technically difficult quality challenges
- Work cross functionally with site Technical, Production and Quality teams
- Be the “go-to” site expert for all meat related technical and quality enquiries. An up to date knowledge should be maintained by attending trade shows and seminars on behalf of the business
- Qualified in a food related subject such as Food Technology/Science (Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years relevant industry experience. Meat experience is desirable but food manufacturing or processing is essential
- Experience setting up and coordinating similar product trials
- Ability to write detailed and concise technical reports.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Proactive and results driven