QA Manager / Quality Manager
Quality Assurance Manager near Sunderland, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a for an exciting QA Manager opportunity on behalf of our top rated Food Manufacturer
Based in the North East, the role is commutable from Sunderland, Newcastle, Darlington, Hartlepool, Teeside, Durham, Cleveland etc.
You will be responsible for monitoring and documenting the Food and Safety Programmes, ensuring adherence to all quality, food safety and legislation guidelines related to the processing of the company's products.
- Leading internal and external audits
- Investigating and responding to customer complaints
- Taking the lead on investigations into key deviations from process and customer specification, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to bring the process back under control.
- General Maintenance of Food Safety Management Systems
- Leading the HACCP and TACCP teams
- Managing the QA team, focusing on supporting and leading them to deliver successful results for the business.
- Monitoring departmental KPI's and challenging improvement, when required, to ensure targets are achieved and improved.
- Carrying out senior management meetings
- Working with other departments to drive and implement change
The successful candidate will have the following experience/qualities:
- Experience within a similar position in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of leading a team is essential, as you will be responsible for a team of x7 QA people
- HACCP Level 4 certification
- Internal Auditor certification
- Excellent knowledge of BRC
- Experience of leading audits
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Experience of applying food legislation to manufacturing practice, you'll have experience of managing supplier auditors and the ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life data
- Experience of implementing improvements and innovations
- Must enjoy equally working in a team and autonomously
- Working with the Operations and Production Managers closely and be Production thought driven
- Highly Organised
- Strong and proactive leader who is good at decision making
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Salary: £Competitive (depending on experience)
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Technical Manager Quality Assurance Manager QA Manager Food Technologist Quality Systems Manager, QA Auditor, Quality Auditor, Technical Supervisor, Food Drink Beverage FMCG