Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Are you an experienced NEBOSH qualified Health, Safety and Environment professional who is looking for a new challenge? Are you a dedicated trouble-shooter who excels at communication and identifying improvements?
A globally recognised and fast-growing manufacturing organisation based in Lancaster are looking for an experienced individual to implement improvements throughout the organisation. Reporting directly into the MD, this role is fast-paced, varied and contributes to the smooth running of a multi-million pound business.
As a key member of the senior leadership team you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of preventative actions
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Conducting presentations to groups of employees and senior management
- Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Implementation and monitoring of ISO 14001
- Support site team to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and ensure best practice
- To promote and encourage Health and Safety participation on site, which will lead to improved Environmental, Health and Safety culture.
Required Skills & Experience:
- The ideal Health and Safety Manager will ideally possess significant experience within manufacturing/food and drink welcome
- Qualifications approved by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) & National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Calm, patient and assertive
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- IT literate
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to remain professional at all times
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Be adaptable and approachable
Please submit an application early in order to be considered for the opportunity.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080