QA (Late Shift)
Are you a driven and hard-working individual ready to start/continue your Food/Quality career?
Have you just finished university and are seeking a ‘foot in the door’ to one of the biggest industries in the world?
Do you want a job that can offer progression and great training?
Our client is a major food company, based in Kent, looking for a QA (late shift) to take on loads of responsibility in their factory.
- Working within the Technical team to ensure the quality and safety of goods that enter and leave the business whilst maintaining the legal and technical foundations of the business
- To seek continuous improvements in Quality standards
- Maintain and improve Food Safety Culture within the business.
- Assisting with all aspects of Quality Assurance within the Company ensuring produces safe, legal products manufactured to the highest possible quality
- Assisting with all quality and food safety issues
- Driving Continuous Improvement and promoting Food Safety Culture within the business
- Assisting with Internal and External Non-Conformances
- Assisting with updating, amending, and issuing out all documents and quality procedures within the Document Control System
- Internal auditing
- Performing Traceability Exercises
- Carrying-out the swabbing for Allergen/Species Verification and Validation
- Assisting with Water Quality/Safety issues
- Carrying-Out Internal product and environmental testing (including water sampling)
- Monitoring of product and environmental testing results, logging and trending them
- Assisting with Shelf-life extension requests
- Carrying out and logging the temperature checks
- Downloading and Checking weight reports
- Assisting with Glass Breakages
- Placing order for the Testing Room (Lab)
- Educated to degree level (Food Technology or Food Science degree is desirable)
- HACCP and Food Hygiene (desirable)
- 1-year experience in a similar Food environment
- Passion for food
- Commitment to quality, safety, compliance and customer/supplier satisfaction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £19,000-£22,000 per annum
- Monday-Friday; 15:30-23:30
- 28 days holidays (including banks)
If this role could be right for you, then apply now!
If you want more information then don’t hesitate to contact Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar), Recruitment Specialist at D R Newitt on 0131 226 5060.
This role will be filled very quickly so don’t waste any time, get your CV sent!