Multi-Skilled Engineer.... Night shift
CALLING ALL NIGHT OWLS CALLING ALL NIGHT OWLS
It's an exciting time to join Karro at Haverhill and we have several vacancies on our 4 on 4 off Engineering night team ...... come and be a part of our rapidly growing site !!
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats – we manage the entire production process “from field to fork”. We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.
Situated at our Haverhill office in Suffolk, we are looking for exceptional engineers to join the team. We are growing rapidly and the night shift team are critical to our operational success.
· Responsible for maintenance for all site plant, machinery and buildings in line with required standards through effective application of the Total Preventative Maintenance system.
· Ensure that all breakdowns/repairs relating to plant and equipment are repaired swiftly and effectively to minimise production downtime. Advise Engineering and Production Team Leader of any shortcomings with the equipment after the work has been completed.
· Provide practical solutions to improve the safety and effectiveness of machinery to maximise production efficiency.
· Identify potential continuous improvements with regards to process equipment and highlight them to the Engineering Manager and Self Managed Teams.
· Liaise with Stores Administrator regarding stock replenishment and investigating any abnormalities with regards persistent replacement of parts to a particular machine. Evaluate solutions and implement improvements.
· Accurately record all maintenance work carried out in line with Customer and BRC standards – clearly record corrective actions taken and report any ongoing issues not resolved to the Engineering Manager
· Responsible for the installation and movement of machinery and related plant; commission and hand over to Production ensuring all relevant standards, regulations are met and the efficiency of Production is not affected.
· Work in a safe manner, and ensure that no work is carried out which is beyond skill and competence which could result in a risk to self and others. Adhere to all company health & safety rules, procedures and COSHH regulations.
· Promote teamwork through commitment, flexibility and clear communication.
· Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance of site rules and monitor contractors performance advising Engineering Manager of any shortfalls.
· Mentor Engineering Apprentices in Total Preventative Maintenance, passing on knowledge, skills, techniques and giving feedback to Apprentice and Engineering Manager.
· Support and deputise Engineering Manager with other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Systems or NVQ Level 3 minimum OR ONC/HNC BTEC in Electrical/Electronics
Time-Served Multi-Skilled Apprenticeship
17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Working in a busy manufacturing environment
- Working within a team environment
Knowledge of electrical distribution systems and machine controls.
Knowledge of PLC’s & HMI (Siemens/Mitsubishi)
Knowledge of COSHH
Knowledge of Boiler Systems
33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)