I am now working exclusively with a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield who now require the recruitment of a HSE Manager to Identify, coordinate and drive Health & Safety improvements across the site. As the Health & Safety manager you will be responsible for proactively engaging in health and safety projects across the manufacturing site.
My client is a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield with a workforce of 300 + employees. Due to company expansion and improvements projects planned, my client now require a full time, HSE Manager to work closely with Senior Management team to deliver Health & Safety improvements. This position would fit candidates who have previous manufacturing experience within a senior position.
As the HSE Manager based at the Sheffield site you will be a key member of the European Leadership Team, with a matrix relationship to the UK EHS Manager. You will drive and lead the implementation of strategic EHS performance plans and objectives across the Sheffield sites.
In addition you will lead operational activities towards world-class performance; make continuous improvement standard practice. Educate, develop and inspire team members towards betterment and achievement.
- Responsible for the HSE Management of all sites within the area
- Ensure effective distribution of HSE resources across the sites to meet business demands
- Plan, implement, coordinate programmes to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illness and claims by showing due diligence around environmental impacts in line with European strategy
- Assist and support personnel in safety and environmental hazard assessment including the implementation of effective control measures
- Provide up to date advice and guidance to the management team on legal compliance, best practice, strategy implementation and industry standards
- Assist and support the management team on environmental permits for associated areas
- Ensure compliance with company management and ISO accreditations, ISO 14001, 18001 and 9001 where appropriate.
- Lead contact for liaison and interaction with enforcing authorities
- Lead contact for customer in area of responsibility relating to EHS.
- Compile and evaluate incident statistics to identify patterns and trends to target risk reduction and monitor effectiveness of EHS strategy.
- Develop and deliver new and refresher in house training programmes
- Liaising with enforcing authorities in area of responsibility
- Attend and facilities EHS meetings at a UK level
To apply for the HSE Manager position based in Sheffield you will have the below required qualifications & skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a Manufacturing or Warehouse environment
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious.
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation.
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
£40,000 - £48,000