Fresh Development Manager
Fresh Development Manager
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover in excess of £1.1 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
A.F. Blakemore’s success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The Blakemore Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the Blakemore family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Fresh Development Manager
Location: West Midlands with the requirement for UK and occasional international travel
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Very Competitive with excellent benefits package including Bupa, car and more.
About the role:
Responsible for the development of fresh food solutions to step change fresh food category participation across our business units, growing sales and margin opportunities.
- Consider current and future consumer trends to develop food solutions, translating these into sales opportunities
- Create compelling arguments and a case for change to influence key stakeholders to collaborate and support the implementation of innovative food solutions within feed me now and feed me later missions
- Develop new fresh ranges with suppliers to satisfy all Food for Now and Food for Later requirements for the entire group
- Identify opportunities to bring production of Fresh Lines ‘In House’, and manage subsequent deployment of such facilities
- Work collaboratively across the group to develop and organise all commercial activities for fresh food solutions including products, services and sourcing
- Implementing controls and monitoring systems to ensure that service levels and sales meet quality, service and profitability targets
- Developing relationships / partnerships with key suppliers through Joint Business Plans to support in developing the product portfolio, quality and service levels for the fresh category
- Lead the positioning and assortment of the Fresh Food range, using data and insight to encompass KVI’s, Own Label, Ethnic and Seasonal products
- Responsible for preparing budgets considering retailer and consumer demands
- Background in fresh food development is essential
- Has real drive to deliver results, is tenacious and self-motivated
- Experience and a proven track record in creating and delivering innovative fresh food solutions in Convenience and food Service environments
- Demonstrable commercial insight with very strong numeracy
- Methodical and analytical, using data and insight to deliver innovative concepts that meet consumer needs whilst growing sales and margin
- Ability to work collaboratively within a high performing team
You may have experience of the following: Category Manager, Senior Category Manager, Category Executive, Product Manager, Brand Manager, Range Manager, Retail, FMCG, etc.