Our client is a leading international business with hugely ambitious growth plans. Currently they have exciting plans to invest in developing their manufacturing infrastructure in the North East of England. To support in the people development of the manufacturing facility our client is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager. This role will report to the Site GM and it provides a unique opportunity to be a part of the expansion plans of one of the most dynamic businesses in the UK.
- Lead, coach, and manage a direct team of managers and an indirect team of highly skilled staff in a 24/7/365 manufacturing environment.
- Deliver the site vision and people plan, creating a manufacturing environment that people are proud to work at and that is recognised throughout the company as being high performing.
- Further develop the site health and safety culture to the highest level possible with a continuous focus on safe systems of work, accidents, and incidents.
- Lead improvement initiatives that will deliver improved safety, quality and performance. Specifically lead the continuous improvement agenda and create a solution that is appropriate to the current needs of the site.
- Support the engineering teams to deliver the most efficient manufacturing solutions across the plant and to maximise performance.
- Build robust financial budgets and track and monitor performance against these plans. Work closely with key stakeholders to support the identification of ongoing cost improvements.
- Support the ongoing capital development plans and utilise this unique opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team and support cross-functionally on wider business activities.
The Operations Manager will have a key role in supporting the ongoing development of the site. They will face many challenges but will have the resilience and capability to adapt to the circumstances and, working with the wider leadership team, will create a working environment that is recognised as highly capable.
- A safety-first mind-set, creating, implementing, measuring and improving ways to drive a focus on zero accidents and incidents.
- An outstanding track record of delivery in Production/Operations within a pharmaceutical, chemical or life sciences business would be advantageous
- A leader, motivator and an excellent influencer at all levels of the business.
- Quality driven with a methodical approach, driving output and improvement within every area of the operation.