new product development manager
innocent started with a simple mission: to make drinks that make it easy to do yourself some good. In 1999 we concocted a few smoothies in our kitchen and tested them on people at a music festival; today we’re blending every type of fruit & veg under the sun and selling drinks right across Europe. We have great ambitions: to show the world that you can build a successful business that cares about more than just profit, and to leave things better than we find them. We’re proud to call ourselves Europe’s favourite little healthy drinks company, but we’re still growing. And that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition, to join in with the next, most exciting, part of our story.
what you'll be doing
We’re going through an exciting period of growth – broadening both our products portfolio and the geographies we operate within, getting our delicious drinks in the hands of more and more drinkers across the world.
We’re passionate about making products that taste great and are also great value. So unsurprisingly, we value very highly the people who create our recipes and who craft the smoothies and juices that make us who we are today.
We’re looking for a new product development manager to join this team.
It’ll be your job to make sure all our drink recipes are excellent quality and at the right cost. You'll also be recommending improvements when needed, and making sure new season fruits are assessed in our recipes every harvest.
You’ll work as part of the Future Development team alongside our innovation delivery, marketing, and supply chain teams, as well as our manufacturing sites. You’ll lead recipe development and set the quality standards for NPD & kaizen projects; ensuring we deliver great tasting recipes to market.
- experience in a food or drink new product development role and in particular in leading an NPD project from scratch through to launch
- an exceptional palette with the ability to translate & describe sensory quality – you’ll know your onions
- managing one direct report, setting clear direction and knowing how to get the best from people
- the ability to present recommendations in senior NPD forums - up to board level
- a food science qualification.
- You might have been busy honing your creative skills with a food retailer or manufacturer and - having developed strong leadership, project management, problem solving and communication skills - you now fancy yourself in a white coat in our products kitchen.
- as we are a global business the cherry on top would be that you have international experience
We’ve got big ambitions over the next few years, delivering market-leading growth from smoothie, juice and refreshment– so it’s an exciting time to be joining innocent, and you’ll have a crucial role to play in delivering these plans.
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
No agencies please.