Eden Scott is working with a dynamic, growing FMCG business based in Glasgow and we are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Director with a solid understanding of supply chain and technical requirements within the food/drink manufacturing sector.
Our client has an extensive customer base including retail, food service, high street, hotel chains and independents. The business is in a period of growth with continued investment to grow both the domestic and European markets.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to bring external expertise, new ways of thinking, best practice and a continuous improvement mindset.
Reporting to the Managing Director and as part of the senior management team you will be tasked to develop and manage all operations to deliver, safe and legal products in an efficient and cost-effective manner. You will bring operational excellence, improvement culture and foster innovation.
- Development of site strategy and supporting group strategy.
- Develop and implementation of cost-effective resource planning models
- Supporting a culture of team and individual development linked to organisational requirements and succession planning.
- Develop and implement best practice models in respect of functions with related delivery frameworks and KPI’s
- Drive accountability into functional teams in respect of operational and cost delivery.
- Establish framework for development of continuous improvement culture to drive operational, value, quality and safety objectives.
- Support and direct the team in the review, development and maintenance of systems in-line with certification (BRC, ISO etc.)
- Devise an annual budget based on the operating plan and ensure that all expenditure is made following company procedures.
- Maintain and implement the health and safety policy and associated systems to deliver a safe and legal working environment underpinned by a safety culture.
- Previous Operations or Supply Chain experience with a good understanding of technical / food science.
- Food industry background is essential (BRC requirements awareness)
- UK retailer experience (M&S advantageous)
- Proven track record in the effective leadership of employees
- Demonstratable experience in change management and operational transformation with associated savings and business benefits.
- Proven experience in the development of teams
- Experience in larger CAPEX implementations (specification and delivery)
- Skilled communicator and strong organisational skills
- Strategic planning and budget experience
- Ability to influence at all levels
- ERP experience (Dynamics 365 advantageous)
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more please contact our retained consultant Alasdair Murray of Eden Scott directly on 0131 550 1117 or 07949 304 727
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Alasdair.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.