Prior’s Court is a leading autism charity, recognised for its success in enabling people with severe autism and complex needs to achieve and reach their potential. Prior’s Court Bakery is a unique new service: a commercial bakery committed to supporting work skills development for people with autism.
Purpose of the Job
To deliver the production of bread and baked goods for commercial sale.
To ensure; i) that the bakery provides healthy, tasty, interesting premium breads and other products. ii) that the bakery provides opportunities for people with autism to learn and develop work skills leading to employability.
- Ensuring that the daily bakery range is made to a high standard and that production schedules are met in a timely, safe and consistent manner.
- Continuously seeking to improve the bakery range based on quality, sales, development of new ingredients and technology, profitability and operational considerations.
- To be able to provide cover in production when the Artisan Baker is away and therefore must have full working knowledge of equipment and product range.
- Assist the Baker as required.
- Form positive working relationships with other stakeholders internally and externally.
- Support production to meet customer requirements taking into consideration the bakery’s ability to meet demand.
- When required deliver products direct to customers.
- Work with the team to ensure all interactions with customers are positive and professional.
- Respond quickly to questions, complaints or other customer concerns.
- Work with the Master Baker to build and maintain a strong customer base within the local community including promotional activities.
- Working with an awareness of business needs and trends
- Controlling waste and food costs to ensure efficient use of resources
Health and Safety
- Ensuring that there is a safe working environment at all times
- Meeting all legal requirements relating to Health and Safety, food safety, equipment, cleaning and hygiene requirements and any other statutory or good practice requirements
NOTE: The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the organisation and these duties may, therefore be changed at the discretion of the Foundation. The job description may be revised from time to time.
Prior’s Court Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply for Baker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly