C40k to 45k
To Maintain and develop a quality and food safety strategy for the business and assure products are of the highest consistent quality and legally compliant within its operating markets.
- To ensure legal compliance with relevant product legislation for all product produced in/or placed on the market
- To develop a food safety & quality strategy for the business, execution of a viable action plan to deliver the strategy within an agreed timeline.
- To implement a plan to maintain and develop quality systems relevant to the Industry.
- To maintain and develop a plan for compliance, QMS is complaint with all relevant third-party certifications, customer requirements and relevant authorities.
- Develop of a talent management and competence training plan for employees responsible for quality & food safety on site
- Develop sites department quality budget for approval and implement budgetary controls to facilitate the meeting of the approved budget.
- Great team management skills – ability to inspire and motivates others to find solutions
- Ability to develop, mentor and upskill the existing team
- Experience of taking the lead role in audits (BRC, Customer Audits etc), ideally you will be a trained internal auditor,
- Proficient in the use of PC, MS office and web-based tools
- Good negotiation skills - able to persuade others to change their way of thinking
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex data
- Degree or Higher in Food Science or a related subject
This is an excellent opportunity to play a leading role with an established food business