First Achieve is working with a leading Food Manufacturer that is devoted to creating the highest quality product for all the major retailers who Is looking for an NPD technologist to join the team. The NPD Technologist will design and develop products that meet customer and manufacturing requirements. Our client is looking for someone who is confident, enjoys a challenge and works well in a team or on their own.
- Interpret NPD/EPD briefs and concepts into innovative, profitable and production friendly products.
- Recognise and push key new product development project initiatives within the business
- Comply fully with the correct procedures, undertaking necessary training to improve processes. Ensuring product concepts meet cost and margin aspirations of the business and customer.
- Record project details effectively to ensure all information is available and transferable within development and other departments. Support in preparation of documents for handover to process team.
- Ensure that the NPD successfully translate from initial brief right through to factory production. Support with factory trials and work with process to ensure products are up to customer standards.
- Liaise with business personnel and customers during pre - production and first production runs.
- Use key suppliers to drive new ideas, process and identify product improvements and savings.
- Assist the Commercial team in successful delivery of the new products to an agreed plan.
Our client is looking for someone that has
- Held a position in NPD previously
- Experience with major retailers
- Someone with a Food science degree or relevant qualifications.
- Driving license.
- Personal interest in Bakery or baking
In return our client will offer a salary of £35,000, 25 days holiday plus 8 days statuary and Pension. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing food manufacturer, the working hours will be Mon- Fri office hours. If you are interested in applying for the position, or would like to find out more please send an updated CV to Bethany Pirie at if you want to discuss the position further call me on 0141 816 0116