QA Team Leader (Nights)
Are you an experienced QA Technician with clear leadership qualities and experience?
We are on the hunt for a QA Team Leader to cover a night shift for a well established food manufacturer in the East Midlands.
We are looking for experienced QA’s with great attention to detail and a good understanding of food safety legislation, GMP, quality processes and HACCP.
You will be responsible for auditing the production process against current legislation, internal procedures and customer codes of practice to ensure the site manufactures full quality products which are safe and compliant with customer and legal requirements.
Key duties will include:
- Following up and resolving supplier and factory non-conformances, ensuring that non-compliances are investigated, and root cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented
- To manage raw material, product and environmental testing ensuring that samples and swabs are checked to an agreed schedule
- Assisting the Quality Manager in the daily supervision and management of the QA team
- Ensure that regular GMP/traceability, fabrication checks and audits are completed in order to monitor compliance with food safety requirements and prepare the necessary reports.
- Ensure scales, temperature probes and other measuring devices are calibrated as per required frequency and maintain calibration certificates for measurement devices.
- Ensure micro samples, air/water samples and environmental swabs are collected as per required frequency. Ensure results are trended and any micro out of specs are investigated in timely manner.
- To trend day to day KPI’s, weekly reports and provide related feedback to cross functional team.
- Assist with the training and development of staff
- To carry out traceability exercise within four hours and present to the 3rd Party Auditors
- To supporting customer visits, audits and activities.
- Co-ordinate and take part in daily taste panel including data input.
- Assist with Cook / Cool data collation support to QA Managers as required
- To be a member of the Internal Auditing Team
- To drive continuous improvement within QA department.
- Assist in implementation and continues improvement of the HACCP System
- To assist with investigation of customer complaints.
What we need from you:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Quality/Technical role within the food industry.
Ideally previous experience or strong theoretical knowledge of working to BRC and retail customer standards and trained to an intermediate level in HACCP.
Experience in leading a team of people, with the ability to supervise and coach.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a Microbiology or Food Science related discipline.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all staff members.
Highly numeric with strong data and statistical analysis and written reporting skills
Salary: Up to £30,000/a
Working hours: Sunday to Thursday 22:00-06:00
If this is of interest, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk for more information.