We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Tilmanstone Salads, based near Dover in Kent, employs around 850 people and each year it produces millions of bags of leafy salads and prepared vegetables for a dedicated customer. It is one of eight factories that are part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for a Specifications Technologist to join our team in Tilmanstone Salads. The successful candidate will complete finished product specifications for the retailers and manage the retailer systems and process designed to generate finished product packaging.
- Completion of finished product specifications to meet the critical path and / or customer requirements, ensuring completion to right first-time requirements for the retailer.
- Review of finished product artwork to ensure the finished product artwork standards and legal requirements are met and delivered to the agreed critical path. Escalates appropriately internally / externally if discrepancies found.
- To ensure all retailer online systems are reviewed and the housekeeping of site details are kept up to date and accurate.
- To ensure the customer interface internally and externally are managed professionally and in a timely manner.
- Contribute to customer audits and visits demonstrating the full compliance to the specification’s administration.
- Ensure the raw materials details entered on the finished product spec are the most up to date and applicable for the launch of the product. Tracking any changes to raw material supply and updating finished product specs accordingly.
- Maintain high standards of document control relating to the details required for all finished product specifications.
- Ensure that inaccuracies found during the specification to launch process are raised in the appropriate manner to the relevant manager as quickly as possible.
- To operate in a safe working manger. Support the site / business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment.
37.5 hours per week.
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group