Engineering Team Lead
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
In London, Bakkavor Meals employs over 2,400 people across three sites and a distribution centre in the Park Royal area. These sites specialise in making chilled ready meals, houmous dips, deli products and savoury accompaniments, and are part of Bakkavor's Meals sector which has eight factories in total in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Team Manager to lead the team at our food manufacturing facility at Meals London. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the Engineering team during your designated shift.
- To maintain all facility services making sure all equipment is safe and meets the specific standards required
- Control and monitor the site service to be able to monitor the improvements made
- Constantly challenge how things are done and best practice for improvements
- Ensure all contracted services are carried out and that machinery is in good condition
- Work with the Engineering Team Manager to have adequate work force to enable Rentokil and non-conformances
- Manage the reduction of non-conformances and Rentokil issues using engineering workforces
- Implement and drive forward a control of contract system run by the engineering department
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the Engineering department
Sunday and Monday 6am – 2.30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 2pm – 10.30pm
(5 days per week)
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
It is essential that you have both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering experience and ideally experience in the food manufacturing industry, or FMCG, Pharma, Drink industries.
People Management and leadership skills are essential.