Bakkavor Desserts (previously known as Blueberry Foods) is located in Leicester Forest East and specialises in making retail cheesecakes, hot-eating puddings and potted desserts. The business is currently going through an exciting period of growth and change. Key to this success is the quality, commitment and determination of our people.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
What you will need
A formal engineering qualification is required and will currently be working in an FMCG environment.
You will be electrically bias.
Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
In return you will receive salary £39,015 and pension as well working for a well-established food manufacturer that is market leading with great career prospects.
20 days holiday (inclusive of statutory holidays)
Shifts 3 2 2 3 Days 6am to 6pm
Group Pension (including employer contributions)
First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects