We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Meals, based in Wigan, specialises in making chilled ready meals, food to go salads and vegetable accompaniments and employs over 1,000 people. It is part of the Bakkavor Meals sector which has eight factories in the UK.
To lead and manage a Business Unit. To ensure the daily production schedule is delivered safely to the required quality, service, and cost standards. To ensure the business unit continues to improve both through team development and performance measured against KPI’s
- Responsible for ensuring the correct skills and numbers are available to complete the plan
- Ensure that team morale and Bakkavor values are maintained
- Identify development and succession opportunities of Team Managers and their teams
- Optimum use of staff across the area to achieve all KPI’s with minimum costs
Machinery / Equipment
- Responsible for the correct usage of all equipment within your designated area including both fixed and portable equipment
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and all defects are promptly reported to engineers
- Ensure all equipment is audited regularly and hygiene issues are promptly reported to the Technical Manager
- Develop plans with the engineering department to maintain and improve key bottleneck equipment
- Responsible for the factory standards though all the relevant areas, including GMP and safety
- Responsible for regular fabric audits and reporting hygiene and damage issues to the relevant department
- All areas within your area of responsibility to be assigned to a Team Manager, both high care, low care and corridors
Materials & products
- Ensure all technical procedures are followed for WIP materials
- All chillers must be regularly inspected and maintained
- All material waste is to be monitored and actioned
• As per KPI pack that will be discussed and issued
What you will need
You will ideally have experience working in a food manufacturing environment and will have led teams in a fast-paced manufacturing business. You will understand retailer expectations and how we meet them.
You will be a great leader capable of inspiring and engaging your team, understanding the pressure of a factory environment.
SALARY / BENEFITS
£35,000 to £44,000 Per Annum
Tues to sat 15:45 to 00:05 plus 6.5% shift
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group