Business Technical Manager
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
The Bakkavor Salads sector has two factories based on the same site in Spalding, Lincolnshire, employing over 600 people. These factories specialise in making fresh prepared foods such as ready to eat dips, salads, sandwich wraps and food to go salads to multiple strategic customers. These two factories are part of eight factories that form the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK that have continued to maintain the No 1 market position in their core categories.
This is a senior technical role where the successful individual will sit on the site senior leadership team and have full ownership of driving the technical strategy. You will also have full accountability for one of the factories, so need to be happy and comfortable operating within a factory environment in the technical detail alongside the strategic level.
With direct line management of 4 you will be an excellent manager of people, self-motivated and organised with previous experience in FMCG specifically around the chilled or convenience sector. You will be able to deal with the demands of a very complex business & customer base and happy with the hybrid of strategic and shop floor technical work.
- Develop and drive a Technical Strategy for the department which meets the strategic needs of the business
- Ensure technical compliance is effectively measured across the business and where necessary corrective and preventative action plans are put into place
- Oversees customer/supplier communication on technical matters and co-ordinates cross customer and/or cross factory issues
- To act as champion for all Food Safety and Quality standards across the business in order to meet our agreed standards
- Provides technical expertise to the Site Management team and technical input to the formulation of Business strategy, budget and performance improvement plans
- To provide an effective Risk Management process and ensure there is a robust Incident Management System in the business. To personally co-ordinate any incidents of a technical nature
- To recruit, lead and inspire Technical professionals across the Business to achieve personal development and continual improvement
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent leadership, communication & organisation skills
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Previous experience within a similar Technical Management role in a High Risk/High Care environment
- Extensive practical experience of HACCP, BRC & retailers code of practice
- Previous experience of working as part of the Senior Leadership team
- Strategic thinker with the ability to ‘roll sleeves’ up and get into the detail in the factory
- Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages
- Up to £80,000 Basic
- 20% Bonus Scheme
- Car or £8,400 Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare including family
- Relocation Assistance
- Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
- Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group