Hygiene Technician, Food Manufacturing, Wigan Greater Manchester / Lancashire
Reporting to the Hygiene Coordinator, the role is responsible for safely carrying out high quality cleaning activities across the site. You will also be responsible for supervision of the hygiene operatives on the day shift & ensuring that all hygiene activities are completed in a timely manner in line with food safety requirements and legislation.
- Ensuring the highest standards of general housekeeping , hygiene and other manufacturing practices ( GMP ) are achieved and maintained throughout the entirety of the site
- Signing and auditing of cleans to acceptable standards
- Working with production teams to promote a safe clean working environment across production led cleaning activities
- Organising , prioritising and distribution of the workload required ensuring cleaning activities are carried out in an effective and efficient manner in order to meet planned cleaning frequencies
- Clear communication and handover shifts and issues are escalated to the Team Hygiene Co-Ordinator
- Risk Assessments and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times
- Own waste stream movements from lines and responsibilities surrounding the planning of waste stream exits from site
- Order PPE , chemicals & equipment accordingly on a Just In Time basis
- GMP audit corrective actions
- Coaching of hygiene operatives around best practice and challenging poor performance.
- Deliver & drive Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Business objectives to meet its environmental requirements through the recycling and waste management program
The Ideal Candidates:
- Be an effective leader and team member
- Organised and conscientious and be-able to motivate a team
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as basic computer skills
Package: £Competitive + Benefits including Company Bonus Scheme, 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays) based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, Company Pension Scheme (contributions matched up to 10%), Company Sick Pay scheme, Westfield Health Cover (claim for treatments eg dental), Annual party, Free, onsite parking, Heavily discounted Employee Shop, Subsidised Café, My Benefits Website with various retailer discounts, Give As You Earn, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Helpline
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Hygiene Manager, Hygiene Supervisor, Cleaning Supervisor, Hygiene Team Leader, Hygiene, Section, QA Team Leader, Food Safety Technologist, Quality Assurance, Technical, HSE, Health Safety, Production, NPD Technician, QA, Quality Assurance Technician, Technical Assistant, QA Auditor, QC, FMCG, Manufacturer, Wigan, Leigh, Skelmersdale, Greater Manchester, Lancashire