- Contract Type
Our client is a leading food manufacturer, supplying the majority of UK grocery retailers as well as a growing customer base across foodservice.
The business is currently seeking to recruit a highly talented Operations Director who will sit on the board of the company. This will be a pivotal role in a demanding, fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
The Operations Director will have a key role in shaping and delivering the operational agenda whilst contributing to the overall commercial plan, and part of the senior leadership team. They will be highly adaptable and will create a working environment that is recognised as best-in-class
- Develop appropriate strategic plans that are aligned to the business goals across an end-to-end supply chain (including manufacturing and technical).
- Continually seek out new ideas for improving operational performance, utilising agreed CI techniques and approaches.
- Actively champion a progressive and compliant Health and Safety culture ensuring that all policies
associated with this area are fulfilled.
- Ensure overall control of overhead costs in line with agreed budgets and subsequent in-year forecasts.
- Ensure overall control of conversion costs, adapting approaches and ways of working where necessary to deliver the plan.
- Implement optimum organisation structures that will improve processes, minimise duplication and increase efficiency in the context of the overall objectives.
- Champion and cascade processes associated with lean manufacturing.
- Develop talent and capability across the operations function in-line with the company principles.
- Support the board in leading business wide activities.
- A senior level Operations background and a proven track record in delivering long-term change within a fast-paced, dynamic food organisation.
- The intellectual gravitas to analyse a broad range of complex problems and detail these down to a clear and structured strategy and plan.
- Strong people management, able to drive change within some traditional manufacturing teams across multiple production sites with mixed asset capabilities.
- A comprehensive understanding of food manufacturing and supply chain development.
- Able to understand the commercial and technical agenda and build a supply chain strategy that is aligned to the future requirements whether that be around product development, geographic location of new markets or the scale of growth.
- An ability to adapt their style and work both tactically and strategically with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A positive and engaging style, able to build rapport with all levels of the organisation and engender a positive and collaborative way of working.
Apply for Operations Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly