Electrical Bias Shift Engineer
Shift Pattern: working 5 out of 7
Hours of work: 45 hours per week
Salary: £34-£38k dependant on experience
At David Wood Foods we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we are looking to expand our engineering team, and have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced multi-skilled shift engineer to join our food manufacturing organisation based near Bolton.
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, you would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements, and installations and will be required to work closely with the supervisors and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste, communicating daily with the Engineering Manager on all production and Engineering issues.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team.
The desired candidate would need to have served a full apprenticeship, preferably within an FMCG environment, and would need the following attributes:
- trained electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume bakery manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal.
- Knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley/Siemens)
- Understanding of CMMS
- Be qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in the electrical discipline?
- Experience within the Food Manufacturing sector or other FMCG engineering environment?
- An understanding of engineering drawings/principles
- Be Computer Literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure across a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.