General description of role:
Working in collaboration with the plant factory management, lead the engineering functional agenda at a scale manufacturing site with specific accountability for the delivery and continuous improvement of the following areas; technical elements of the Safety agenda, maintenance and equipment improvements, facilities management, budgetary control and leadership and development of the engineering teams.
To deliver the department KPI’s in respect to equipment performance, reliability and breakdown, maintenance completion, safety, attendance, budgetary performance.
The role works effectively with other business functions to ensure the Plant leadership strategic goals are delivered in the short, medium and long term.
The Site Engineering Manager is entrepreneural, committed to developing high performing teams and at the same time acts as a role model by demostrating Refresco’s core values and behaviours.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Safety & Compliance (technical elements) delivery & improvement
- Adherence to all internal and external safety standards (Refresco HS Mgt System, RMS, Insurance inspections, Legionella, Statutory legislation etc)
- Continuous improvement of line performance through the RCA and elimination of recurrent reliability issues
- Development & implementation of the site maintenance strategy
- Manage and control the delivery of an R&M budget of c£2Mn and management and optimisation of the engineering stores
- Support Refresco CAPEX roadmap development and delivery to mitigate obsolescence, essential replacement and safety improvement issues.
- Identification of step change improvement opportunities in partnership with the plant leadership teams.
- Development and delivery of the facilities agenda
- Energy & utilities management & improvement
- Leadership, organisation and development of the engineering team
- Development of site recruitment roadmap and apprentice training programme to mitigate foreseeable vacancies.
- Definition and implementation of equipment standards.
- Compliance to functional processes & procedures SAP PM, Escalation, etc)
- Delivery of agreed KPIs
- Profile job holder
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (BTEC HNC or Engineering degree)
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship
- Broad TPM Understanding
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification (Preferred)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- SAP user / Super-user
- Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing / factory engineering department
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills (coaching & mentoring).
- Decisive, pro-active, self-motivated and assertive