As Waste Officer you will focus on waste management and be responsible for leading waste reduction projects. This is an exciting, rewarding role that offers the opportunity to combine operational and environmental responsibilities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the waste team, including ensuring health and safety processes are followed, correct segregation of waste and general people management
- Working with the Environmental Manager and key internal and external stakeholders to lead waste reduction projects on site and supporting achievement of waste reduction objectives
- Management and tracking of waste KPIs
- Waste supplier and contractor management
- Ensuring site duty of care around waste is met
- Supporting the site environmental management system through internal audits, inspections, etc.
- Supporting raising awareness of waste and environmental awareness on site
- Supporting Environmental Manager with external audits, visits, etc.
We are recruiting for an Waste Officer to join our team based in Northampton as Waste Officer you will be responsible for managing our waste team on site. The Waste Officer will be focused on waste management and reduction and will be responsible for leading waste reduction projects. This is an exciting, rewarding role that offers the opportunity to combine operational and environmental responsibilities
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
- Previous experience with people management is essential along with a passion for the environment.
- Knowledge of waste duty of care.
- Previous experience within waste management in FMCG/food
- Experience working with ISO 14001: 2015/ ISO 14001 Internal Auditor
- Associate Membership of CIWM
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
• Competitive salary and job-related benefits
• Pension up to 8% matched
• Company share save scheme
• Greencore Qualifications
• Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.