Food Lead Auditor
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL Business Assurance is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. The company helps businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. DNV GL partners with its customers to build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the regional food safety team as a Food Lead Auditor. The food sector continues to be a major focus for certification activities at DNV GL.
Ideally candidates will have experience of management systems and have qualifications and approvals for auditing key food sector schemes including ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, BRC scheme (food, packaging, storage and distribution, agents and brokers) and ISO 9001:2015. We are seeking individuals with experience and competence in manufacturing processes and products across a range of types and supply chains.
DNV GL Certification UK conducts a range of protocol-based assessments, and we are keen to recruit individuals with experience and/or capabilities in the scored assessment protocols and similar tools.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Specifics for Senior Assessor:
- Lead, organise and deliver specific project activities as industry project management, Customer management assessment, gap analysis, training, workshops.
Common requirements for all Assessors:
- Carry out in efficient and competent manner the work for DNV GL as required by instructions/ the management system and/or as per formal agreement between the client and DNV.
- Ensure that the independent nature of the DNVGL scheme is not compromised at any time.
- Maintain/Acquire his/her Auditor Registration with DNV GL or any other registration having been a basis for his acceptance as Lead Auditor within DNV GL.
- Plan and execute audits, report findings and follow-up when necessary, within agreed times scales and economic frameworks.
- Meeting professional practice standards and demonstrating competence in core areas.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationship with client personnel.
- Maintaining high morale by contributing to an effective positive work environment.
- Acting as a team player who works well with others and guides self through professional development process, including timely completion of reviews and goal setting.
- Maintaining effective communication with line management, between audit team members and client stakeholders
What we offer:
- Comprehensive training development process which will provide the range of skills and competencies required
- Opportunity to work with the individual clients, having an ownership of your own projects
- Extensive support from a global network of DNV GL Auditors
- Company car
The Food Lead Auditor role is home-based. The role will require high levels of travel to client sites, mainly UK but International also.
- Significant technical experience in the relevant fields
- Experience with all levels of operations, including engagement with senior management
- Ideally higher level qualification in relevant discipline
- Ideally training and knowledge in key food standards including ISO 9001: 2015, ISO/FSSC 22000, BRC, IFS
- Experience and competence in manufacturing processes and products across a range of types and supply chains
- Full clean driving license
- Project management experience will be an asset
- Internal auditing or second party audit experience would also be valuable.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!