Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking for a Specifications Technologist to join their Technical Team. The successful candidate will generate and maintain finished product specifications for a diverse range of customers.
- Completion of all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications
- Ensuring timely review of all specifications
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply / Customer Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete
- Gathering required or missing information, liaising with Suppliers and ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- A degree or equivalent in a Food Science or related discipline
- Experience within the food industry
- Knowledge of food legislation, labelling, nutritional and allergen information
- A strong communicator with a conscientious and diligent attitude
- The ability to be flexible, multi task and work well under pressure
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of non-retail customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
- Informal culture but totally focused approach
The salary for this role is £19,000 - £23,500 and working hours are Monday to Friday within office hours. You will need to have a driving licence for this position due to the location of the manufacturing site.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4383 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly