Agronomist & Produce Technical Manager
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working as part of the Central Technical team this role is a senior manager opportunity with ownership of produce from a Group perspective. This is an exciting opportunity where you will engage with produce suppliers across the Group ensuring delivery of key KPIs.
You will be a self-motivated and organised individual with previous experience in FMCG specifically around the high care produce sector. You will be a strong Technical Manager who has a solid understanding of food safety, supplier management & auditing and will have a background in agronomy or high care fresh produce.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Ability to engage with suppliers
- Customer Auditing experience (M&S ‘field to fork’ direct or indirect would be advantageous)
- Strong Technical Management experience with exceptional understanding of food safety
- Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages