3 days left
- Contract Type
Produce monthly primary financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) and related board report sections in line with Group and accounting standards, manage the financial internal control environment and prepare budgets & forecast for the primary financial statements and fixed costs.
- Reconcile the trial balance and post journals where necessary to ensure the month end reports are in line with accounting standard
- Produce primary financial statements, using the agreed template, to submit to Group within agreed timeframe
- Prepare the month end commentary for the balance sheet, cash flow and fixed costs for inclusion in the relevant report
- Produce balance sheet, cash flow and fixed cost forecasts for inclusion in the site submission
- Monitor the established internal financial control environment to ensure that current standards are maintained
- Produce fixed cost overhead analysis and supporting commentary to provide insight on key trends and propose corrective actions
- Monitor capital spend against budget / forecast to ensure spend is within agreed limits and exceptions are escalated
- Maintain the Fixed Assets register ensuring all items are clearly identified, allocated to relevant projects and reconciled to the trial balance
- Manage, lead and develop the Assistant Accountant to ensure business processes are followed
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are looking to add a Financial Accountant to our Finance team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified or finalist (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) or QBE
- Finance system management and internal control
- Leading a team / managing people
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Basic knowledge of corporation tax
- Strong communication skills - finance and non-finance
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company