Our client is a well-known food manufacturing, that specialises in supporting food markets within the UK.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a Quality Manager.
- Manage a team of site Quality personnel through the Shift Technical Co-ordinators promoting teamwork, staff development and performance review.
- Ensure ownership of Allergen management, GMP, HACCP, food safety and legality at all levels whilst always driving continuous improvements.
- Working with the cross functional teams to ensure full compliance with all Company and customer requirements including BRC.
- Key liaison for Technical activities for internal and external customers.
- Drive a quality culture, leading by example.
- Assist in leading the HACCP team, ensuring regular reviews, audits and maintenance of the systems are in place.
- Lead investigations into customer complaints and queries.
- Monitor standards of factory hygiene and manufacturing standards through regular audits and inspections.
- Assist in the management of internal audits and performance review, conducting internal audits as allocated.
- Assist, and where necessary lead third party and customer audits i.e.: BRC. Preparing and coordinating corrective action close out where applicable (including Root Cause Analysis)
- Level 3 or above in Food Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor qualification.
- Quality Management training or proven demonstrable experience.
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standard
- Conscientious and flexible manager able to implement and adapt change management.
- Proven people manager with strong leadership skills.
- Confident communicator able to deal with personnel at all levels within the business.
- Competent IT user able to provide data analysis, reports, audits and present performance data.
- Able to complete confidently customer complaint responses, reports, risk assessments, safety and quality policies, procedures and check sheets.
- Sound understanding of BRC and Customer COP’s with experience of leading and conducting audits.
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £35,000
- 29 days annual leave
- Standard working hours are37.5 hours per week, typically 8.00am – 16.00 with a 30 minute lunch break, Monday – Friday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated professional. If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris.