Territory Account Manager
A global leader in food safety and facility hygiene. The company offers efficient and sustainable solutions that create business value for customers, enhance the quality of life for consumers and provide a cleaner and healthier environment for future generations.
Job Profile Summary:
To define objectives and plan activities for maximising performance in nominated accounts on the specified territory predominantly within the Processed Food sector in order to meet or exceed sales and profit targets.
• Participate in setting SMART personal and business goals and objectives.
• Actively participate in problem identification and process improvement.
• Take action as required to deliver required business outcomes, objectives and goals.
• Shows initiative and innovation in achieving objectives and goals
• Meet established and expected standards of performance
• Deliver agreed sales targets and service levels
• Manage the relationships with assigned accounts, focusing on the customer service appropriate for that particular business. This should include:
o Customer staff training for the safe handling of chemicals
o Involvement in the production of hygiene schedules when needed
o Offer and contract design, management/monitoring and negotiation
o Profit Modeling and profit optimisation
o Completion of customer management / territory coverage plan
• Manage specific sites belonging to a national account group by working to and meeting the appropriate “Service Level Agreement” set at group level.
• Visit customer’s sites including night and weekend work as required to ensure Service Level Agreements are met and business objectives are achieved.
• Utilise the “Value Selling” approach to grow profitable business and maintain long term customer relationships.
• Utilises appropriate company and customer reporting systems
• Follow approved company and customer policies and procedures
• Provide key input to the sales plans developed by Regional Manager and KAMs (Key Account Managers), implementing actions within the framework of these plans to achieve profitable sales growth
• The identification and development of new business to maximise growth opportunities. This to include:
o Developing details plans to ensure new business opportunities are fully exploited including value selling of Knowledge Based Services.
O The organic growth of sales to existing customers using gap analysis, cross range selling and value selling of Knowledge Based Services.
O The optimisation of offers including spend reductions, application and supply optimisation
o Prospecting of new customers either independent or with Key Account Groups and the development to profitable live customer status.
QUALIFICATIONS (essential or desirable)
• Experience in a similar / comparable role selling primarily to the Processed Food Sector
• Graduate level qualification in a job related discipline (e.g. Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry)
• Minimum of 2 years industry related knowledge / experience in food manufacturing and processing within the Processed Food Sector
• Product and customer knowledge in the Processed Food Sector
• Application knowledge within the Processed Food Sector including OPC, CIP, chemical applications and equipment systems
• Knowledge and understanding of the concept of “optimization”
• Knowledge and understanding of the concept of “value selling”
A great opportunity to transition from the factory and into a field based role.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 36000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.